Suppose your parents tell you: “tomorrow we are going to visit a king in his palace!” what would you do? You are going to be excited, wear very nice and fancy clothing. You are probably also going to want to come early to get a good seat in the palace and you will behave very properly in the presence of the king.
Guess what! Your parents do take you every Sunday morning to see the king of kings! There are Ten Golden Rules when it comes to seeing Jesus in his palace, which is our beautiful church.
1. Come early (even if that means you waking your parents up in the morning).
2. Draw the sign of the cross when you enter the church or bow at the Holy Sanctuary if you are early enough.
3. Walk quietly to your place.
4. When the Gospel is being read, stand still and listen (you can then quiz your friends about it later or even your Sunday school teacher!).
5. Don’t talk with anyone because you are in church for the King.
6. Do not laugh in church, take that time to tell Jesus about your week and pray
7. Try your best to remain standing as much as you can.
8. Participate in singing the responses and the hymns.
9. Be sure to have communion regularly. 10. Never leave the church before Abouna gives the blessings.
10. Never leave the church before Abouna gives the blessings.
Starting next Sunday, have the Ten Golden Rules in mind and encourage your friends to all do it together.
“Holiness adorns Your house, O Lord, forever.” (psalm 93:5)
Read the following five verses from your Bible, one by one, then try to place each verse in the appropriate place: Ps. 95:6, Ps. 150:6, Ps. 7:18, Habakkuk 2:20 and John 6:54.
The Lord teaches us:
- To be silent in church.
- To come early to church.
- To participate in singing hymns.
- The importance of having communion regularly.
- To bow before the Lord.
Write you name, then submit it to the kids Corner box at the information board by the front desk to win a prize!