- The Resurrection Feast is one of the Major Feasts: (Resurrection, Nativity, and Theophany)
- The rite of praying with Joyful tunes, that is suitable for the Spiritual feasts and celebrations
- The psalms of the Matin prayers are not prayed before raising the incense.
- The offering of the Lamb is offered without Psalms, instead, it enters the church from the main door (West to East) with the hymn (Ep-Ouro), then the Hymn (Al-El Korban)
- After this we sing the hymn (Allilouia Fai pe pi) then the Hymn (Tai Shori)
- The (Hiten) hymns are said, adding to it the special (Hiten) for the resurrection: one for Archangel Michael, the other for Saints Joseph and Necodimus and Mary Magdalene.
- The special response of the Praxis (Hail to his holy Resurrection…)
- We do not read the (Synexarion) in the feast of Resurrection, nor the holy 50 days following the Resurrection, concentrating only on our Lord Jesus Christ, and the joy of his resurrection.
- After the Praxis, we sing a beautiful hymn called (O Nemnai Symphonia) followed by the chant of (all the heavenly orders) in Arabic ( Ya Kol alsofoof elsama-e-yeen)
- The Resurrection enactment: The Curtain of the Altar closes, and the Deacon outside would sing (Khristos Anesty) (Means Christ is risen in Greek) 3 times, and the priest inside would answer (Alithos Anesty) (means Truly he is risen in Greek) 3 times, then the deacon would say: (Open, o you kings your gates, and Rise, everlasting Gates, so the King of Glory would enter) in Arabic, 2 times, the priest would not answer, then after the 3rd time, the priest would ask: Who is he the King of Glory? The Deacon would say: (he is the dear Lord, the Strong and Mighty, the Conqueror at wars, this s the King of the Glory
- Then, loud noise represents the earth shaking when the Angel moved the tombstone. The Curtains are open, all the lights are on.
- All the deacons go around the Altar 3 times, then around the church 3 times, singing (Khristos Anesti) (Christ is Risen in Greek), followed by (Ton-Sina) then (Tolithos), then (`Khristos Aftonf) (Christ is Risen in Coptic)
- Then singing the (Mohayer Hymn) (Apenchois) which means: our Lord Jesus Christ is Risen from the dead on the 3rd day as the prophetic sayings…)
- Agios 3 times, and the response of Agios is (who resurrected
from the Dead, have merci on us) 3 times also.
- The Psalm is read with the joyful (Singari) tune, the bible is read by the priest or by the Bishop / Pope if present.
- The rest of the liturgy is as normal, sometimes, if time allows, the Hymn for ASpasmos Watos is chanted in joyful tune, with the resurrection responses.
At the end, Psalm 150 with joyful tune, and the response is Jesus Christ the King of Glory was risen from the dead. Then the end blessing
- What does it mean (Christ is risen) in Coptic
- a-Khristos Anesti b- `Khristos Aftonf c- Nane To-ouee
- What is the loud noise in the resurrection act symbolize?
- a-The Angel move the tombstone b- the everlasting gates are opened c- to wake the sleepy people up.
- Abouna goes around the altar and church with the Icon of the Resurrection how many times?
- a-3 and 3 b- 5 and 2 c- 7 and 4