Table of Contents
- Zoom Host
- Screen Sharing Co-Host
- Streaming Person
- Deacons on Zoom
- Enabling Original Audio (Only if Zoom Host asks you to)
- Send the link to the Whatsapp group at least 30 minutes before the service.
- Send the link to [email protected] at least 30 minutes before the service.
- The user named iPad Presentation is the church. Make sure to admit this user in the meeting, and make sure it is unmuted.
- Admit deacons to the meeting. Don’t admit anyone not on the list. This is very important to avoid zoom-bombing.
- Make sure everyone joins audio. If they haven’t joined audio you will not see the mic icon beside their name.
- Make sure those assigned readings are in the meeting. If someone is assigned a reading and is not in the meeting, try to contact them.
- Make sure everyone stays on mute until it’s their turn.
- If someone forgets to mute or unmute, you can do it for them.
- Make the screen sharing person a co-host.
- Make sure all those in the meeting are muted unless it’s their turn.
- Monitor the YouTube live stream to make sure it’s up and inform the streaming person if it isn’t.
Screen Sharing Co-Host
- Join at least 15 minutes before the service.
- Make sure the font setting is reasonable.
- Turn off notifications on your device. You can do this by turning on the “Do not disturb” function.
- Use zoom for audio not YouTube as there is a delay on the YouTube stream.
- You can stop sharing Coptic Reader after the gospel during liturgies. It is no longer required after that.
- Power on the laptop and login.
- Open the email client pinned at the bottom and click on the new link emailed by the zoom host.
- Put zoom in fullscreen. This is different that maximizing the window. Fullscreen will hide the taskbar.
- Unmute and keep camera off.
- If you are showing half the screen show the opposite language.
- You can stop using the laptop video signal for Coptic Reader after the gospel during liturgies. It is no longer required after that.
- For liturgies, end the stream after the confession.
- After YouTube is done processing the video, the video editor will appear in the left menu. Go in and trim the video if needed.
- After the service, shut down the laptop.
- For troubleshooting issues with the laptop, contact John Hanna, for streaming issues contact Bassem Youssef.
Deacons on Zoom
- The link to join zoom will be sent on the Whatsapp group. If you’re having trouble joining contact the zoom host.
- Make sure your name is written on your zoom account so we can identify you.
- Make sure you have good internet signal where you are. If you have issues, use your phone to dial the number in the invitation and the password.
- Join at least 15 minutes before the service.
- Stay muted until it’s your turn. Any sound you make will be heard in the church and on the live stream. You can use the Whatsapp group to chat if you need.
- When it’s your turn, unmute your mic and turn on your camera.
- If you have a different device that you can use to read, please do that. If you switch the app, your camera will not work.
- Make sure there is no noise in the background when it’s your turn.
- If someone in your house is watching the stream on YouTube, go somewhere else when it’s your turn and make sure it is not heard from where you are. Also, keep in mind the YouTube stream could be delayed so don’t rely on it to know when it’s your turn.
- Feel free to leave the meeting after your turn is over and join the live stream on YouTube.
|Service||Zoom Host||Screen Sharing||Streaming|
|May 31||Youssef So.||Cyril||Abeer|
|June 7||Youssef Sh.||Mina M.|
|June 14||Mina A.||Monica|
|June 28||Youssef So.||Maria|
|July 5||Youssef Sh.||Cyril|
|July 12||Mina A.||Mina M.|
Enabling Original Audio (Only if Zoom Host asks you to)
Desktop (macOS or Windows)
The first step is to open Zoom. Then on Windows, right click on the Zoom icon in your tray. On macOS click on the Zoom icon in your menu bar. On Windows click “Settings…”. On macOS click “Preferences…”.
After this point, both Windows and macOS are the same, so there will only be pictures from Windows. From the settings click the “Audio” tab, then click “Advanced”.
Once in the Advanced Settings, make sure “Show in-meeting option to “Enable Original Sound” from microphone” is checked. Then you may close the settings.
Then once in a meeting, ensure you’ve joined audio via your device audio. Then you should see the option “Turn on Original Sound” in the top right of your Zoom window.
Mobile (Android or iOS)
The process is the same for Android and iOS, so you will only see pictures from Android. First open the Zoom app, and go to “Settings”. If you’re signed out, your settings button will be in the top left. Then click “Meetings”.
Then scroll down and make sure “Use Original Audio” is turned on.
Then once in a meeting, ensure you’ve joined audio via your device audio. Then you should see the option “Enable Original Sound” in the bottom right “More” menu.